Monday, April 22, 2013

Review: Time Bomb and Zahndry Others


Time Bomb and Zahndry Others
Time Bomb and Zahndry Others by Timothy Zahn

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I remember tearing through Zahn's short story collections back in the 90's. I was an impressionable teen coming of age who loved star wars, scifi and videogames [X-Com: Terror from the Deep was the epitome of awesomeness].

Zahn's writing was clean, tight, introducing new ideas to me and great for discussions. I had another friend who also loved Zahn and we'd spend hours discussing the stories, the ramifications, etc, etc.

So I am thankful to Mr. Zahn for showing me good technical writing. [unlike some of the drek produced by "indies" today].

That all being said, the stories have paled with time. The ideas written about have been bandied about by many others since this was originally published.

Still recommended for ANY fan of Zahn's or those who enjoy S/F short story collections.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment