Friday, May 17, 2013

Review: Gunslinger Girl Omnibus 6


Gunslinger Girl Omnibus 6
Gunslinger Girl Omnibus 6 by Yu Aida

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



For a "final" volume, this was sad. By sad, I mean pathetic, even by anime/manga standards.

I knew that most of the girls would have to die, to make the story end. But we never find out what happens to the 2nd gen cyborgs.

I would have felt better about the series if Aida had shown the Welfare Agency being wiped out at their headquarters, instead of just preparing for it. It left things extremely unsettled.

This really felt like a pen-ultimate volume. But as is the case with many manga, the author doesn't know how to end it, and so they don't. When I first got into anime, I thought they ended most anime the way they do because of some sort of cool "eastern philosophy" thingy. Now I realize they are just lazy and can't be bothered to wrap things up.

And most of the time, that doesn't bother me. But for this manga, it really did. I think some of that was because I wanted the sacrifices the girls had made throughout the series to be given the honor and respect they deserved. Instead, they are discarded like ragdolls...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment