Saturday, May 11, 2013

Review: Lady Chatterley's Lover


Lady Chatterley's Lover
Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



A sad story about an empty woman trying to fill the void within. She hates men, wants to be free of all restraints, despises her husband, needs the attention of a man and in the end, hopes that being with the aforementioned man will fulfill her.

A scathing book about materialism and how humanity attempts to fill the God-shaped hole within each of us. And yet at the end, the author tries to give the reader false hope by insinuating that Lady Chatterly would find meaning, in the near future.

Tenuous, vague and empty hope.

I am happy to have read this, to expand my classic repertoire, but this was a horrible book and one I never plan on re-reading.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment