Thursday, June 27, 2013

Review: Dark of the Moon


Dark of the Moon
Dark of the Moon by P.C. Hodgell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Gone is the light funny tone of the first book.

The story is split between Jame and her brother Tori. And between the viewpoint switching, the on purpose positively opaque writing, there were times that I felt as drugged and confused as Jame and Tori were. I didn't really enjoy that feeling.

There is a lot of deeper backstory that exists that we the readers aren't privy too. This makes for mystery, suspense and a sense of "keep reading to find out the ineffable mysteries!" Sometimes this works for me. This time, not so much.

There is a good bit of action, politic'ing, etc. I enjoyed this book overall, but not quite as much as the first book. I think part of that stems from suddenly having a second main character/viewpoint thrust upon me unawares.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment