Sunday, June 16, 2013

Review: Endless Night


Endless Night
Endless Night by Agatha Christie

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



The whole time I was reading this I felt edgy, like something was off. I kept waiting for that nasty surprise to pop out of the closet and make me wet my pants.

It didn't pop out of the closet. It crept up, unawares, until the last chapter, where it proceeded to throttle me.

I don't like books where the main character is the badguy. Especially this bad guy. He was lazy, ego-centric, selfish and the image presented by himself to the readers just didn't quite add up, until the end, where suddenly it all made sense.

Of course, his complete collapse didn't fit in with his personality and how he'd reacted earlier in life. Oh well, Christie can make her characters act how she wants them to. :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment