Thursday, July 04, 2013

Review: Heir to the Empire


Heir to the Empire
Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Been 14 years since I read this. I remember being blown away when I first read this. Probably helped that this was nearly my first Star Wars book [after Mr Twincest himself's book, poor guy].

This time I read it with a much vaster repertoire of books read under my belt. It was still a very good book. But it wasn't incredible.

Zahn does a fantastic job of creating the characters like how you would expect them to be after the Trilogy. So many foundations of the EU are introduced and laid down in this book and the rest of the trilogy. It almost makes me cry. Especially when considering the Kataana Fleet [mentioned in this book] and how Mr. Mccube Dowel completely gutted that story with his horrible Black Fleet trilogy. [If I'm mixing up authors/series, feel free to correct me in the comments section and I'll fix it. I just don't care enough right now to go look it up].

Mara. To me, that sums up Zahn's highest achievement with this book. Even greater than Thrawn imo.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment