Saturday, August 17, 2013

Review: Night Fall


Night Fall
Night Fall by Nelson DeMille

My rating: 2 of 5 stars



Ok, this was just plain boring. The story was blase, the main character was a complete dick [instead of being a smart alecky wisecracker like the author intended] and the ending, hit me in the gut hard. And I didn't like that.

I'm really of two minds about the ending. Part of me realizes that 9/11 is now part of history. As such, it is a circumstance to be used.

But a very visceral part of me rebels at having that incident used. I remember watching on tv when the crashes happened. I remember watching in utter disbelief, sure that I was seeing some fx footage, as the tower collapsed. I remember being sick to my stomach at the implications.

Other than the ending, this book was vanilla. In fact, vanilla is hard core, devil worshipping, baby eating, ultra-death metal, climate change is real, in your face screaming compared to this book.

Ugh.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment