Friday, August 02, 2013

Review: Seeker's Mask


Seeker's Mask
Seeker's Mask by P.C. Hodgell

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



You know, while I'm enjoying these books overall, I'm also confused as heck. Something that is given 1 or 2 sentences in a previous book suddenly takes on a larger and more important role. But it isn't written for us the reader to make that transition easily. Instead, Hodgell writes in this confusing, round a bout manner that is starting to infuriate me. I am finding that these books ALMOST seem to be written for the re-reader and not the initial reader.

That being said, I did enjoy this. There are times where Jame does/says/thinks something that just makes me laugh out loud. Lots of action, adventure and drama. It is just that things aren't fleshed out for us. Which is why I think a re-read in 10 years time will do wonders for my attitude towards this author.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment