Thursday, June 28, 2012

Review: Star Wars: Darth Plagueis


Star Wars: Darth Plagueis
Star Wars: Darth Plagueis by James Luceno

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I really enjoyed this book. After the whimper of an ending that was Fate of the Jedi, I wasn't really looking forward to any Star Wars books.

While this story is more about Palps, it is a good look at the thoughts of a pair of Sith. And I tell you, it was weird.

Many times I just shook my head and said "how deluded can someone be?". Then I realized I was reading about a human, so I realized I shouldn't be surprised :)

Definitely comes on strong for the "Sith are ok, not evil, just different" baloney line of philosophy. But while I noted that, I didn't really find it affecting my reading or enjoyment, more of just something to keep in the back of my head.

So yeah, sith are evil baby eating scum, and names/titles like "Darth X the wise" [which are usually self appointed] don't really apply.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment