Friday, June 29, 2012

Review: Tricked


Tricked
Tricked by Kevin Hearne

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



All of my complaints about the earlier books [sex goddesses at a drop of a hat, pop culture references out the wazoo, immature behavior from a 2000 year old man] were pretty much dealt with in this book. It is almost like the author read all my complaints and fixed them.

However, it is too late. This IS the final Iron Druid book for me. Urban fantasy has to be done perfectly for me to keep reading it, as I don't particularly care for UF.

Maybe if the series had started out like this book and not the previous three, I would keep on going. But I just don't care.

Atticus comes across as a spoiled brat [even when talking about his past wife and kids, it still came across as "me, me, me"] and while I don't usually root for the hero to get hurt, I just wanted to smack the attitude out of him and pound him til he breaks, bloodily.

If you've enjoyed, a lot, the previous books, I think you'll like this book as much and will probably like the future books. I just can't take any more UF...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment