Thursday, March 14, 2013

Review: Gunslinger Girl Omnibus 4


Gunslinger Girl Omnibus 4
Gunslinger Girl Omnibus 4 by Yu Aida

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



This was good, sad, happy, fulfilling and chock full of pathos.

First we get to see Angelica, the first of the 1st gens, as she just wears out. We see her past and how she passes and what it means to Marco.
On a side note, I finally realized in this omnibus that the black pages indicate a sequence occurring in the past. Only 4 omnibus editions for me to catch on. Good thing I'm not a handler, eh?

Then we move on to Triela. After Henrietta, Triela is my next favorite 'Girl'. I just find shotguns and long hair so cool.
We see her struggles as she processes what Angelica's death means, to her personally and to the group of 1st gen's.
We also get to see her handler not being a total dick. Good for him to be treating her like a human.

Smaller notes:
1) We see a group of 2nd gens. Therefore we know Petra isn't the only one now.
2) An ultimatum is made by Padania, which indicates a major ramping up of the organization for a final push.
3) The gov't recognizes the Padania could be wiped out quickly and that the Welfare Agency would no longer be needed. Aida is setting up closure on all fronts. Which is good because that means there is a definite end.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment