Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Review: Soldier of the Legion


Soldier of the Legion
Soldier of the Legion by Marshall S. Thomas

My rating: 1 of 5 stars



First book in '13 that goes on my "Abandoned" shelf.
This year I have decided that if I don't like a book within the first 100 pages, forget it.

I was expecting a bit more, as this was published by Ridan, the group that originally published [a:Michael J. Sullivan|2063919|Michael J. Sullivan|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1365679488p2/2063919.jpg], whose 6 book series I loved.

Too much description in place of good writing. Describing something with some funky colored words doesn't mean you've described it well, just differently.

The romance, or the trying to project romance. This is what truly made me give up. It was sappy, nauseating and poorly done. It wasn't believable, the "love" triangle was as cardboard as the box my Amazon order just came in, and it just screamed "pointless plot tool".



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment