Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Review: Starship: Rebel


Starship: Rebel
Starship: Rebel by Mike Resnick

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I enjoyed this little book, but not as much as the previous 3 [Mutineer, Pirate & Mercenary] and I am not sure why.

I think there was more ship fighting action, more intrigue and more dastardly evilness by the Navy. But it just didn't do it for me.

Everything I read by Resnick I compare to my first read of [b:Santiago: A Myth of the Far Future|293291|Santiago A Myth of the Far Future (Santiago)|Mike Resnick|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1312059204s/293291.jpg|1407455] back in Junior High and while that was around 2 decades ago, I still remember it as total awesomeness. So Resnick has to live up to my juniorhigh memories [with all of the uninformed, immature and juvenile tastes that go along with that time period] while engaging me as a mid 30's adult.

that is just not fair. But who said life is fair, eh? The immortal Charles Dickens certainly did not ;)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment