Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Review: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: The Chronicles of Narnia


The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: The Chronicles of Narnia
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Each Narnia book gets better and better. In this case we are introduced to Eustace Scrubb, a thoroughly unpleasant cousin of Edmond and Lucy.

They all go to Narnia, have adventures with Caspian and then go back to England.

I find it amazing how simple and concise these stories are and yet just how engaging and wonderful at the same time. I would find myself thinking "Well, what if..., or How would this..." and I would have to pull myself back and remember that Lewis was writing this primarily for children.

And yet I was never bored, nor did I ever roll my eyes at a simplification. This was great writing. And it really shows.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment