Saturday, October 26, 2013

Steelheart (Epics #1)


Steelheart - Brandon Sanderson Author: Brandon Sanderson

3 of 5 Stars

Awkward. That is how I felt almost the whole way through this book.

I've enjoyed almost all of Sanderson's adult books, and I really liked his Alcatraz books, which I think of as children's books.

But Steelheart? It really did seem like a teen book. It was awkward, stilted, not quite fitting any parameters, at times rational and adult and at others selfish and childish. I felt like I was wearing a set of clothes that just didn't quite fit.

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy this read. But what I read versus what I was expecting was very different. I'll be reading the next Epics book when it comes out, but with a much more realistic set of expectations and I'm hoping that will allow me to enjoy it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment