Saturday, November 30, 2013

The Rose and the Thorn (Riyria Chronicles #2)


The Rose and the Thorn (The Riyria Chronicles) - Michael J. Sullivan Author: Michael Sullivan

Rating: 4 of 5 Stars

Synopsis:
Hadrian and Royce must work together to save the girls of Medford House without becoming implicated in an attempt on the Royal family.

My Thoughts
With each book that expands the Riyria world, I hesitate before reading, afraid that maybe THIS is the book that Sullivan disappoints me with. For even Sanderson, he who needs no first name, has let me down.

Thankfully, that book wasn't this book.

I was just as impressed with this book as I was the previous Chronicles book. Royce and Hadrian are much more of a functioning team than just 2 individuals working for a common goal.

We get a good bit of the backstory of Melengar and Arista and Family that fleshes out what we know from the Revelations series. Some of the Church's motivations and schemes are revealed and more of the political landscape is in sight.

And finally, we get to see Royce do some slicing and dicing.


Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment