Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Assassin's Apprentice (Farseer #1)


Assassin's Apprentice (The Farseer Trilogy, Book 1) - Robin Hobb Author: Robin Hobb

Rating: 3 of 5 Stars

Synopsis
A royal bastard is thrown into the royal court and trained to be an assassin.

My Thoughts
Having heard of Robin Hobb and specifically this trilogy, I went into this with some high hopes. Sadly, this was only a mediocre story.

Lots of grinding, whining, angst, blah, blah, blah. I found the main character to be thoroughly uninspiring. The kingdom as a whole was a backdrop that felt like it was kind of painted on and the threat of the Redships and the forging, well, it wasn't much of a threat since it didn't make the story change.

And I have to admit, I was expecting something a bit flashier from an assassin. I think Brent Weeks and his wetboys have ruined me for simple assassins.

I'll finish the trilogy, but I doubt I'll be reading any more of Hobbs, she has failed to impress.


Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment