Thursday, January 09, 2014

Destiny (Rogue Angel #1)


Destiny (Rogue Angel Series #1) - Alex Archer This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.com by express permission of this reviewer

Synopsis
A Lara Croft clone, down to the shorts, twin pistols and twin "guns" (if you know what I mean) finds the missing piece Joan of Arc's sword and becomes an agent for Light with some supernatural powers.

My Thoughts
This was published by Gold Eagle, the imprint that did/does the Mack Bolan books, so I knew I was in for action and kickass'ness. It's like Harlequin, for men. However, I've never been a fan of Tombraider, as I don't really prefer busty babes as action heroes. So I wasn't sure how this was going to work.

Thankfully, it was a lot of fun. The supernatural side of things was very limited and I'm hoping it ramps up in further books. Having an older "mage" mentor worked well, especially since he's a dick. He's the perfect cranky old man. And his former apprentice does a good job of coming across as the deadly playboy who'd kill you as soon as look at you.

The plot was more setup than anything. It worked in finding the final piece of the sword, getting the sword and dealing with another adventurer who wanted the piece of the sword. Lots of introductions that WERE the plot.

Overall, I enjoyed this for the light fluff it was and am looking forward to the next couple in the series. I believe there are 30+ novels, but I'm not promising to hang around THAT long. But who knows, maybe it will keep my attention :-)

Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars

Author: "Alex Archer"

No comments:

Post a Comment