Friday, January 31, 2014

Solomon's Jar (Rogue Angel #2)


Soloman's Jar - Alex Archer  This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.com by express permission of this reviewer

Synopsis

Annja Creed finds out about Solomon's jar, where he supposedly stored the demons he used to build the temple described in Kings and Chronicles. Of course, others want this jar for it's supposed occultic power.

My Thoughts
Let me start off by saying that I believe that demons are real, that possession can and does occur today and that suggesting that Solomon built a temple to Jehovah using demons is ludicrous and blasphemous. So some of what happened in this book touched a nerve instead of just being fantasy to me.

Ok, now that that is stated...

Annja continues on her quest to discover what it means to be an agent of Light. A lot of this story was babbling about "Goodness" and how God is too big to be nailed down to one belief, and other such new age non-sense that might sound comforting and is easy on the mind, but when examined, is just so much rubbish. Philosophy-Lite I'd call it.

But, a lot of action happens. And that was all that saved this story. Annja is attacked. Everywhere she goes. By mercenaries. By rogue Israelis. By an Amazonion super Model [I kid you not!]. By a group of Earth First nutters who want to wipe out humanity. By a group of scared fishermen. And finally by a group who is working for Garin Braden, Roux's old apprentice. [Roux is currently a kind of hit or miss tutor for Annja when it fits into the story] The ending was kind of besides the point it seemed to me, but it wasn't disappointing or anything.

I can't wait to see what further adventures happen with Miss Creed in the later books. I just checked Wikipedia and the series is up to something like 45. So I've got plenty to read, as long as I don't get sick of it :-)

Rating: 3 of 5 Stars

Author: Alex Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment