Monday, January 20, 2014

Three (Legends of the Duskwalker #1)


Three (Legends of the Duskwalker) - Jay Posey This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.com by express permission of this reviewer

Synopsis
Three, a mysterious bounty hunter, ends up protecting a drugged out amped up mother and her potentially special son.

My Thoughts
This obviously takes place in a dystopian, post-apocolyptic world, so I wasn't sure how I was going to like this.

The further I read, the more I liked. This had it all. A damsel in distress. A talented cute kid. A reluctant yet willing Hero. An evil villain who is practically insane. A host of monsters that are futuristic and yet also atavistic. And even better, the Damsel and the Child are saved in the end by the heroic sacrifice of the Reluctant Hero.

This just pushed all the right buttons for me. Fast paced action, mystery, techno-thriller, romance. All these describe this book to a T. However, I can see it not being everyone's cup of coffee. Drug abuse, child abuse, domestic violence, plain old general violence, none of it in graphic detail thankfully, but they aren't danced around and euphemistically referred to either.

Jay Posey is now on my radar and I'm going to keep him on my short list.

Rating: Strong 4 of 5 Stars

Author: Jay Posey

No comments:

Post a Comment