Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Unicorn (Legend of the Five Rings: Clan War #2) DNF


The Unicorn (Legend of the Five Rings:  Clan War, Second Scroll) - A L LASSIEUR' 'ALLISON LASSIEUR This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.com by express permission of this reviewer

Synopsis
Not even worth bothering with.

My Thoughts
The first book, Scorpion, was ok, even with it's purple prose.

Sadly, this wasn't even purple. It was the boring brown of wood. It seemed like Lassieur was told to write about "X" and so she did. Just like a 5th grader. Wooden beyond belief.

And then it was dealing with zombie. I am not a fan of zombies. The only zombies that I can remember liking was in the context of the Resident Evil movies. I liked the movies, a lot. But any other zombie movie or book has always struck me as puerile and stupid. And this was not the exception to the rule.

So between zombies, plague caused or otherwise, and horribly wooden writing, I decided to do myself a favor and stop reading, this book and this series. Because this author writes more in this series and I won't subject myself to that.

Rating: 1 of 5 Stars

Author: Allison Lassieur

No comments:

Post a Comment