Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Yotsuba&! 12 (Manga)


Yotsuba&!, Vol. 12 - This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.com by express permission of this reviewer


Ahhh, Yotsuba. The cute factor of a little girl who has no inhibitions, isn't afraid of people and IS afraid of silly things.

One of the things that I am really enjoying about Yotsuba&! [each chapter is called Yotsuba and "X"!, because everything is new to her] is the lack of some sort of overarching plot.

I don't have to worry about the end of the world, saving the world, falling in love, finding "the one", battling aliens, driving a giant robot, having my relatives kidnapped or killed, going to other planets, having magic invade every part of my life. Nope,none of that!

Instead, I get to experience the joy of blue paint.  the deliciousness of s'mores, the sheer wonder of life itself. While I don't normally subscribe to the "cute little girl charms everyone" thought process, Yotsuba HAS completely charmed me.

12 volumes and I'm still not tired of her. The mangaka is doing an awesome job of looking at life without any of the jadedness of adulthood. Part of me wishes that it would be written faster, but another part of me is willing to let it just flow at its own pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment