Sunday, March 09, 2014

The Wizard (The Wizard Knight #2)


The Wizard: Book Two of The Wizard Knight - Gene Wolfe This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.com by express permission of this reviewer


Synopsis
Sir Able is back and the story continues just as discombabulated and confusing as the first book.

My Thoughts
I hated this. While the style was as discomfiting, stupid, confusing and all around idiotic as the first book,at least the first book was original. This was just crap.

And at over 600 pages, it was grueling.  This confirms that I'm not a Gene Wolfe fan, nor will I ever be.

I have to admit, I don't know WHY I didn't DNF this. I definitely should have. It had all the earmarks. I blame it on my cousin who highly recommended both of these books. I think I kept waiting for it to "get better".

The only good thing is now it is over. Wow, that is pretty bad isn't it?

Rating: 1 of 5 Stars
Author: Gene Wolfe

No comments:

Post a Comment