Monday, May 12, 2014

Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE #27 & 28 (Manga Monday)


Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, Vol. 27 - Clamp
Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, Volume 28 - Clamp
This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.com by express permission of this reviewer

Synopsis:
The series wraps up and to be honest, while I am satisfied with the ending, I am not wild about it. Nor do I understand much more than I did several books ago.


My Thoughts:
Well, things do wrap up and while I don't like the fact that Li must keep on journeying and Sakura must stay in Clowland, at least they are themselves and not clones, images or their own parents.
Yeah, you heard me right. Time travel and re-incarnation are only the beginning of the weirdness.

And while I don't understand what in the world Fei-Wang was all about [yep, another thing I don't understand, surprise!], there were enough hints to answer the questions I might have had.

The fact that part of the plot was dealing with Yuko the Time Witch and Watanuku suddenly made xxxHolic, or what I've read of it so far, make a lot more sense. I'm glad I'm reading it next as well.

Series Thoughts:
Overall, while I enjoyed this, the artwork at many times was so busy, so full of activity, that I couldn't figure out what was going on.
That was my only complaint however and for a 28 volume series, I guess that is pretty good.


Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Series Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars
Artist & Author: CLAMP

No comments:

Post a Comment