Monday, July 07, 2014

xxxHolic #11 & 12 (Manga Monday)

xxxHolic, Vol. 11 - CLAMP,William Flanagan
xxxHolic, Vol. 12 - CLAMP,William Flanagan
This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com by express permission of this reviewer

Title: xxxHolic #11 & 12
Series: xxxHolic
Author & Artist: CLAMP
Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Genre: Manga

Synopsis:
Watanuki has several dream times with various people, does alot for Kohane-chan, gets attacked by various things and people and in general is well on his way to replacing Yuko.

My Thoughts:
Where Tsubasa tended towards "lets couch everything in as mysterious terms as possible", xxxHolic seems to be a bit more straightforward.

I also find the pathos to be much more endearing, heart-wrenching and "real". I care what is going to happen to Watanuki, Yuko and the others in a way that I simply didn't about the Tsubasa group. I also have to admit that the stories dealing with Kohane-chan really get to me. A little girl should be protected by her mother, not exploited. I'm just glad Watanuki and Domeki are around.

A lot of what is talked about in Watanuki and Sakura's dream really helped me understand what was going on.

The artwork continues to amuse me. Yuko,for example, can be this totally voluptuous vixen in one panel and then you see in another and she is a stick. CLAMP certainly has fun just portraying people however they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment