Wednesday, August 06, 2014

I Dare (Liaden)


I Dare - Sharon Lee;Steve Miller This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.tumblr.com by express permission of this reviewer.

Title: I Dare
Series: Liaden Universe
Author: Sharon Lee & Steve Miller
Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Genre: SF
Pages: 416


Synopsis:
The Ministry of the Interior pretends to have killed off all the members of the Korval clan, except for Pat-rin the Playboy, in an attempt to bend him to their will.
Pat-rin's playboy exterior only covers a true Korval core and he attempts to start the clan over on a new world, with new allies.
However, the Clan is NOT dead and Val Con the Head of the Clan formulates a plan to save himself, the Clan and all of Liad from the depredations of the Ministry.

My Thoughts:
I didn't enjoy this book as much as the previous Liad books, mainly because Pat-rin is too wracked with guilt, self-loathing and self-doubt.
However, seeing the Ministry of the Interior get theirs was pretty good.

The romance side of things was ok, with several couples spontaneously life-mating, one pair through a dream no less.  I rolled my eyes but I didn't feel dirty or disgusted like I would with that smut that passes for romance these days.

Each book I read is bittersweet, as I enjoy them so much and each book finished means I'm one book closer to the end. I ration myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment