Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sword of the Archon/Cadman's Gambit (Shader #1) DNF


Sword of the Archon  - D.P. Prior This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.tumblr.com by express permission of this reviewer

 Title: Sword of the Archon/Cadman's Gambit
Series: Shader
Author: D.P. Prior
Rating: 1/2 of 5 Stars
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: Did Not Finish


Synopsis:
Completely unable to tell what the heck was going on.

My Thoughts:
First thing. Turns out this is an Indie writer and in typical Indie *&^%$# fashion, Prior screws his readers over by releasing a "second edition" of this book, but with a completely different title and no indication inside that these are the same books.

That was enough to make me want to rage quit before even starting.

Then, the plot and characters. For perspective, I was confused but able to follow Erikson's Gardens of the Moon but this? Forget it. I was lost and wasn't able to figure out where, when or what was going on by the 25% mark.

And final nail in this novels coffin was the graphic rape scene. It wasn't explicit but it was brutal, horrible and completely outside the bounds of anything I ever want to read. It revolted me, it sickened me and it completely put Prior on my Authors to Avoid list.

This was a big fat Did Not Finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment