Monday, November 24, 2014

Pippi Longstocking (Pippi Longstocking #1)


Pippi Longstocking - Florence Lamborn,Nancy Seligsohn,Astrid Lindgren This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.tumblr.com by express permission of this reviewer.

Title: Pippi Longstocking
Series: Pippi Longstocking
Author: Astrid Lindgren
Rating: 3 of 5 Stars
Genre: Children
Pages: 80


Synopsis:
Pippi Longstocking, the strongest girl in the world, moves into Villa Villecula, all by herself.
Her neighbors have adventures with her and romps ensue.

My Thoughts:
I remember reading this back in gradeschool and thinking it was the most humorous book ever. It was the Gold Standard of Funny.

Reading this now, I can understand why my young self was so enamored. It is immature, all about the kids and them having Adventures that every kid can only dream about.
The adults are adults from a kids perspective, existing but usually getting in the way.

I'm rating this 3 because I'm an adult. But for kids, and my Inner Kid, I'm giving it a 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment