Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Warrior Spirit (Rogue Angel #9)


Warrior Spirit  - Alex Archer This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.tumblr.com by express permission of this reviewer.

Title: Warrior Spirit
Series: Rogue Angel
Author: Alex Archer
Rating: 2.5 of 5 Stars
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Pages: 292


Synopsis:
Annja is recruited to find an old family relic with possible mystical powers, by the last in a clan of.....Ninjas!

And they are opposed by the Yakuza, another Ninja'y kind of guy and some monks.

My Thoughts:
My eyes were rolling so much while reading this that I had to change my glasses.
Ok, it wasn't quite that bad, but almost.

The Sword goes on the fritz whenever Anna isn't in real danger, which I find ridiculous. It completely took away the idea of Free Will and negated the idea that she could go all Darkside by killing innocents, which has been previously explored.

I don't expect much from my action books, but if you are going to try to be Philosophical, I expect something real, not some new age crap that has as much depth as a bikini.

And Mr Ninja? I have nothing to say *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment