Saturday, January 31, 2015

Damia (The Tower and the Hive #2)


Damia - Anne McCaffrey This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com by express permission of this reviewer

Title: Damia
Series: The Tower and the Hive
Author: Anne McCaffrey
Rating: 3 of 5 Stars
Genre: SFF
Pages: 391



Synopsis:
The Rowan and Jeff are pushing out babies left and right. Afra, a T4 who was in love with the Rowan, translates his feelings into protecting their children. And is the target of the 3rd child's seduction, Damia.
Then Damia grows up and they get it on. And lots of adventures happen inbetween all that.

My Thoughts:
First, this book is as much about Afra as it is about Damia. It is simply a very long, drawn out romance with some science-fiction and action elements thrown in. Still pretty enjoyable however.

My main quibble was with the attempted seduction by Damia of Afra when she was still a teenager. One, it was silly [Oh Afra, won't you rub suntan lotion on me? Oops, you missed a spot, right down here] and Two, it was disturbing. The sexualization of minors is not something I find acceptable or want to read about.

Overall, a good light adventure romp.

Oh, I HATE the new covers. They are definitely aimed at the teen female crowd. I'm just glad I read this back when it came out so I could read it again. With the original cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment