Tuesday, February 03, 2015

Pippi in the South Seas (Pippi Longstocking #3)


Pippi in the South Seas - Gerry Bothmer,Louis Glanzman,Astrid Lindgren This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.tumblr.com by express permission of this reviewer.

Title: Pippi In the South Seas
Series: Pippi Longstocking
Author: Astrid Lindgren
Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars
Genre: Children
Pages: 80


Synopsis:
Pippi takes her friends to the Island where her father is king and they all have a grand time. They come home, celebrate a late Christmas and vow to never grow up. Thus ends the series.

My Thoughts:
I accidentally read book 3 before book 2 due to a snafu on my kindle. But it is really no biggie.

I enjoyed this more than the first book and found in it the humor I had remembered and was expecting from book 1. These are fun books that appeal to a child's imagination and allows them to see a world where THEY are in control.

I'm not one to beat the Sexist drum, quite the contrary in fact. But if I had to choose between a Pippi and some of the modern young women paraded as paradigms of the Modern Woman, I'd choose, recommend and champion Pippi every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment