Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Char & Sayla (Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin #5) (Manga Monday)


Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin, Vol. 5: Char & Sayla - Hajime Yatate, Yoshiyuki Tomino, Yasuhiko Yoshikazu This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.
Title: Char & Sayla
Series: Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin
Author & Artist: Yoshikazu Yasuhiko
Rating: 4.5 of 5 Stars
Genre: Manga
Pages: 472



Synopsis:
A whole book of backstory about Char and Sayla and the beginnings of Zeon. The rise of the Zabbi family and the split between the Federation and the spacers.

My Thoughts:
I think I enjoyed this book the most so far. I love a good dose of political thriller in my manga and this delivered in spades, the way that only japanese manga can.

Seeing some of what happened before Amuro came along was really nice. The history of "Char" was incredible and made me say "wow" out loud. I also thought that it made him one of the most cold hearted bastards to ever come out of an anime. He is just plain bad.

Other than that, this book reinforced, positively, my decision to start buying this series. This book alone makes it worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment