Saturday, August 08, 2015

Bloodwars (Vampire World #3) (Necroscope #8)

Review:

Bloodwars (Necroscope: Vampire World Trilogy) - Brian Lumley

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.

Title: Bloodwars

Series: Vampire World, Necroscope

Author: Brian Lumley

Rating: 2 of 5 Stars

Genre: Horror/Thriller

Pages: 944

 

 

 

Synopsis:

Nathan Keogh returns to his homeworld, with our world's weaponry and some of our toughest ESP'ers in his entourage.

For it is time to put an End to the vampires, once and for all!

 

My Thoughts:

The official page count for the book is somewhere in the 800's, but the kindle edition I was reading had almost 950 pages. I'm wondering if page breaks were inserted between changes of POV as well as chapter breaks.

 

That aside, this was a long book. And, sadly, it was boring. Boring enough that I won't be reading any more.

 

I never liked Harry Keogh the Necroscope and I didn't like his son Nathan the Necroscope either. I liked some of the supporting characters, but they were just that, supporting. The endless cycle of "kill ALL the vampires, oh look we missed some, oops, here we go again" is ok for a couple of books, but for 8? Not for me. I know the series has at least 7-10 more books, so I'm quitting while I'm ahead.

 

I'll remember this series fondly for making vampires the monstrous embodiment of evil that they are.

Original post: Bookstooge.booklikes.com/post/1224262/bloodwars-vampire-world-3-necroscope-8

No comments:

Post a Comment