Saturday, August 01, 2015

July '15 Roundup

 

 

 

The pictures aren't in order as I read the books, but I guess that is just the neurotic cataloging side of me showing :-) 

 

This collage was done at Ipiccy.com with the gunmetal font. I finally signed up, as the last several months I have used them over the other sites that offer free collages.  I am using the iphone4 layout, as it allows almost all of the cover to be shown instead of cutting them off at random points.

 

Not a bad month, as I read 15 books. However, several of those were DNF's. I am thankful to have learned to DNF a book, but I still don't like it. No 5 stars, but I don't expect many of those in a year, so no disappointment there.

 

Average rating for the month came to 2.96, which since I hover around the 3.02 mark, is exactly average.  And I wish I could come up with some witty "average" remark right now, but it is eluding me.

 

 

 

1) Friday's Feast - Don Pendleton - 3 Stars

 

2) Satan's Gambit - Brian Moses - 2 Stars

 

3) Requiem for a Ruler of Worlds - Brian Daley - 4 Stars

 

4) Gabriel's Horn - Alex Archer - 3 Stars

 

5) Shadow's Linger - Glen Cook - 3.5 Stars

 

6) The Warlord - Jason Frost - 3.5 Stars

 

7) Blood and Bullets - James Tuck - 3 Stars

 

8) Dryad-Born - Jeff Wheeler - 3 Stars/DNF

 

9) Deathstalker Rebellion - Simon Green - 3.5 Stars

 

10) The Tejano Conflict - Steve Perry - 1 Star/DNF

 

11) Operation Odessa - Yoshikazu Yasuhiko - 4 Stars

 

12) The Fall of Highwatch - Mark Sehestedt - 3 Stars

 

13) Fathers and Sons - Ivan Turgenev - 4 Stars

 

14) ATLAS 2 - Isaac Hooke - 3 Stars

 

15) World's End - Mark Chadbourn - 1 Star/DNF

 

 

Original post: Bookstooge.booklikes.com/post/1217060/july-15-roundup

No comments:

Post a Comment