Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Ad Astra (Anthology)


Review:
Ad Astra - Jack Campbell

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.





Title: Ad Astra
Series: -----
Author: John Hemry // Jack Campbell
Rating: of 5 Battle Axes
Genre: SFF
Pages: 198
Format: Kindle



Synopsis:
A collection of short stories from John Hemry, who uses the pseudonym Jack Campbell to write his Lost Fleet series.
All SF oriented and just how I like my short stories.

My Thoughts:
This was my "phone" book [I try to keep a book on my phone for those times that I forget my kindle and have 5 or 10 minutes of downtime at the dr's, or waiting for someone and stuff like that] and it worked out great. Short stories are perfect for little gaps of time one has.

I am a sucker for short story collections. I have been ever since I read Alan Dean Foster's paired collections With Friends Like These.... & ...Who Needs Enemies? Those are still some of my favorite books and I have them in very well read paperbacks.
And having read just about everything by Hemry/Campbell [alright, he's just Hemry from now on, even though he's more famous as Campbell. Sigh] I knew I would enjoy this.

These stories were just a lot of fun. Some were humorous, some serious and some thought provoking. All were excellently written and not a one bored me. I enjoyed this enough that I am seriously considering buying it in hardcover to add to my collection.

Not much more to say. Good stuff is good stuff and this book gets my stamp of approval.

Original post: Bookstooge.booklikes.com/post/1262276/ad-astra-anthology

No comments:

Post a Comment