Sunday, September 06, 2015

Dawnbreaker (Legends of the Duskwalker #3)

Review:

Dawnbreaker - Jay Posey, Steven Meyer-Rassow

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.

 

Title: Dawnbreaker

Series: Legends of the Duskwalker

Author: Jay Posey

Rating: of 5 Battle Axes

Genre: SFF

Pages: 512

 

 

Synopsis:

Wren separates from all the others and begins training under a mysterious Master, the Master of House 8, the House that Three came from.

At the same time, Wren's mother Cass begins to explore her own power and must decide whether she'll keep running or stand and fight Asher.

Finally, Asher. He is seeking out both Wren and Cass, to stamp them out and to begin to consolidate his powers, in real life and in the wired world.

 

My Thoughts:

A fantastic ending to this trilogy. Things wrap up rather quickly. It does leave a LOT of space for future books but at the same time it is a complete ending.

 

A good bit of time is spent on Wren's training. Some might find it somewhat tedious, but I've always enjoyed seeing a character grow, both in skill and mental agility. The battle for Greenstone was pretty good but not as fleshed out as I was hoping for. Cass's journey of discovery was just as enjoyable as the other plotlines.

 

I enjoyed this book as much as Three mainly because we get to see Wren starting to become the Man who will be the Duskwalker.  I was mislead by the series name, Legends of the Duskwalker, especially in the first book, as I was expecting Three to said Legend. But when you deal with such things as Legends, they always have to have a beginning and this trilogy is the beginning of Wren's Legend.

 

As satisfied as I am with how things ended, I really hope we get to see more of this world. So many little clues about how different, how Post-Apocalyptic it is, but it never is the focus. I want more.

 

In ending, a huge thanks to Krazykiwi for putting Jay Posey on my radar with her review of Three. It is for just this type of thing that I love a social booksite like Booklikes. I never would have found Jay Posey on my own.

Original post: Bookstooge.booklikes.com/post/1248161/dawnbreaker-legends-of-the-duskwalker-3

No comments:

Post a Comment