Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Empire Striketh Back (William Shakespeare's Star Wars #2)

Review:

William Shakespeare's The Empire Striketh Back (Audio) - Ian Doescher

This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.

Title: The Empire Striketh Back

Series: William Shakespeare's Star Wars

Author: Ian Doescher

Rating: of 5 Battle Axes

Genre: SFF

Minutes: 205

Format: Audio book

 

 

 

Synopsis:

The Star Wars Saga continues, but in addition to iambec pentameter, we also get haiku (5-7-5) and prose. Prose from Boba Fett.

 

My Thoughts:

My first audio book. I listened to this going to and from work and it worked very well. Since I already knew the story, it was easy to just listen and go with the flow.

 

I have to say, this was a much BETTER version than just reading it. Shakespeare is meant to  be on the stage and since Doescher copies it all, this is meant to be read aloud too.

 

In regards to audio, I still don't think it is for me. I find it too easy to simply relegate what I am hearing as background noise and hence simply tune it out. After the next book in this trilogy, I'll probably look for some of Shakespeare's plays and simply listen to them as well. My commute is only about 20min, so that is a good amount of time for little chunks of audio.

Original post: Bookstooge.booklikes.com/post/1260725/the-empire-striketh-back-william-shakespeare-s-star-wars-2

No comments:

Post a Comment