Saturday, January 16, 2016

Archie vs Predator


Archie vs Predator (Archie Vs. Predator) - Fernando Ruiz, Alex de Campi This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.
Title: Archie vs Predator
Series: -----
Author: Alex de Campi,& Fernando Ruiz
Rating: of 5 Battle Axes
Genre: Graphic Novel
Pages: 144
Format: Kindle



Synopsis:
Jughead wins a trip for the group to an exotic resort, where they attract the attention of a young Predator, who follows them back home.
A lot of mayhem happens and Betty and Veronica duke it out to the very end.

My Thoughts:
This was just plain fun. I've always been a fan of the Predator franchise [even the Aliens vs Predator movies] and have the Batman vs Predator I, II AND III in graphic novel form. So when I saw Dantastic's review in my feed and then read Grim's review, well, I had to read this.

Watching the characters be true to their original style while getting offed by a Predator struck my funny bone something fierce. And to be honest, watching Bettie and Veronica fight is also always a pleasure. I also found it very amusing to watch the Predators little heads up display. THAT showed some ingenuity on the writers/artists' parts.

I had several instances of fist pumping and an exclamatory "Yes!!" on my lips as someone died. The kind of humor shown here was right up my alley and meant for me. I doubt it is for everyone, but anyone who liked Predator is sure to like this. I'm not sure about Archie fans though. I am not an Archie fan and don't even know if that comic is ongoing or what these days. I remember Archie from the 80's and the few times I went to someone's house and they had them lying around and I read them.

It was also nice to read a Graphic Novel for a change, instead of a novel, or even manga. The last I read a GN was back in the beginning of '14 and this was great re-introduction. It makes me want to go back and re-read some of the GN's that I own and haven't read in years. In fact, looking at my Graphic Novel shelf, it would appear that just about all the GN's I own I haven't recorded as read or reviewed. Well, I guess that gives me something to aim for.

No comments:

Post a Comment