Friday, March 11, 2016

Midnight Over Sanctaphrax (Twig #3) (The Edge Chronicles #3)


Midnight Over Sanctaphrax - Paul Stewart, Chris Riddell This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.
Title: Midnight Over Sanctaphrax
Series: The Edge Chronicles
Author: Chris Riddell & Paul Stewart
Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars
Genre: Children's SFF
Pages: 370
Format: Kindle






Synopsis:
Twig is over the Edge, looking for his father. He finds him, and finds out that a great storm of renewal is coming to the Edge and he must release the floating city of Sanctaphrax out of its way.
But Twig, along with his crew, are all blown hither and yon across the Edge, without their memories. Now Twig must mount a rescue expedition for them and try to figure out just what he forgot.

My Thoughts:
I enjoyed this as much as the previous book. With childrens/middlegrade books it seems that things can go from one extreme to the other in terms of what I like, so I never know how I'm going to come out of these books.

Twig does a lot of growing [ha] in terms of becoming the kind of ship captain that will inspire loyalty from his crew. He never gives up in his search for them, even while providing us with some really fun adventures. Fun to read about, not necessarily fun to experience.

I am wondering if at some point the adventures will move away from Twig and onto some other character? Mainly because I've seen this [and have catalogued as such] as the Edge Chronicles while concurrently being the Twig series. With 10 books in the series, I can imagine at some point Twig becoming a minor, but famous, character. I haven't cared enough to look ahead and part of me doesn't want to know. I just want to experience the things as they come along to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment