Monday, March 14, 2016

Something Under The Bed Is Drooling (Calvin and Hobbes #2)


Something Under The Bed Is Drooling - Bill Watterson This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.







Title: Something Under The Bed Is Drooling
Series: Calvin and Hobbes
Author/Artist: Bill Watterson
Rating: 5 of 5 Stars
Genre: Comics
Pages: 128
Format: Digital scan



Synopsis:
The further adventures of Calvin and his best friend Hobbes. We are introduced to Rosalyn the infamous babysitter. Susy the girl next door becomes more entrenched as the love/hate interest. And life as a kid is shown in all its glory and all its horror.

My Thoughts:
What a wonderful book. This was as good as the first. Since this is a series of daily strips, there is not an overall plot. You might get several comics in a row dealing with the same story arc, but that is it.

The art is simple and yet Watterson is able to portray so many intricate feelings and situations. It seems simple but if I were to try to portray these comics with words, I am not sure I could do it. Watterson does it with almost stick characters. I used the word "genius" in my review of the first book I believe and I can only say the same again.

No comments:

Post a Comment