Thursday, April 07, 2016

The Bands of Mourning (Mistborn #6)


The Bands of Mourning - Brandon Sanderson
This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.blogspot.com & Bookstooges Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.
Title: The Bands of Mourning
Series: Mistborn
Author: Brandon Sanderson
Rating: 1 of 5 Stars
Genre: SFF
Pages: 448
Format: Kindle digital edition




 


My Thoughts:

I have known since 2007, what Sanderson's personal views on homosexuality are. Until now, he had kept that viewpoint out of his books, at least as far as I could tell.

With this latest Mistborn book Sanderson has joined the ranks of modern authors to fully embrace homosexuality as something normal and ok. Not as a sin but as a viable lifestyle. This idea has been roaring into SFF more and more and it is something that I cannot allow into my entertainment.

I've had this happening more and more and at each instance I have to wonder, do I need to stop my wholesale reading of SFF?  At what point will this inundation of wrongful thinking affect my own thoughts and views? I try to avoid authors of this viewpoint, but it feels like a minefield.  Reading along for books and books and then suddenly, bam, 1 paragraph, a page, a chapter, whatever.

I feel like I am on a cusp. I have to decide.  I just don't know how to proceed. Giving up SFF entirely seems almost like an over reaction, but is it if I keep filling my mind with ideas that are contrary to God's commands?  If I do give up SFF, what do I fill my reading time with? Do I cut down my reading time overall? If so, what do I fill my time with instead?

I LIKE SFF but not enough that I'm willing to compromise. I do enough of that already. I've been thinking about this since Monday when I finished this book. I don't want to take any rash actions but neither do I want to do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment