Tuesday, May 31, 2016

May '16 Roundup & Ramblings





21 books this month that really ran the gamut.

On the high end, I had:

1) Red Rising by Pierce Brown
2) Renegade by Joel Shepherd
3) Weirdos from Another Planet by Bill Watterson

On the low end,

1) Night of the Swarm by Robert Redick - Couldn't even get TO the 10% mark.
2) Ecko Burning by Danie Ware - Finished it but have to admit, I really wish I hadn't.

Then everything in the middle. Thankfully, neither of the low books were back to back, so I had some breathing room to recover. That can make a real difference.

Of course, the end of the month was tough with the news/notnews about Booklikes being sold, being denied, blah, blah, blah. Then finding out yesterday that Leafmarks IS shutting down in a month was just a big cup of manure on top of the crap cake I was munching on. Thankfully today was pretty physical at work, so I was able to clear my head and think about things instead of just "feel" and end up panic'ing, which is what I did most of yesterday.

So I am REALLY hoping that June is a better month than May.

No comments:

Post a Comment