Sunday, August 07, 2016

Leviathan Wakes (Expanse #1)


Leviathan Wakes  - James S.A. Corey This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.
Title: Leviathan Wakes
Series: Expanse
Author: James Corey
Rating: 4 of 5 Stars
Genre: SF
Pages: 583
Format: Kindle digital edition








Synopsis:

There is Earth. There is Mars. There are the Belters. All living together in an uneasy truce of shared humanity.
That truce is shattered and war and chaos ensue. The crew of a freighter somehow ends up in the middle of it all right from the beginning and begin to piece together a conspiracy that could change life itself.


My Thoughts:

Firefly, welcome back! That was what I kept thinking as I read along.

This was pure fun, pure space opera. I didn't try to make connections, or get upset at the characters or wonder how things were going to work out. I was simply along for the ride. Lots of things were implausible and there was a lot of ridiculousness floating around but I never really noticed it because I was enjoying myself so much. That says a lot.

I gave this the Horror tag, not so much because it was scary  but because of the vomit zombies and the whole mass reknitting of human flesh and bone into something else.
It was creepier than those faux-horror Star Wars books released years ago.
I also put on the Tv Tie In tag because of the tv show. I would really like to watch it now but I think I'll wait until I've read the series. I don't want the tv show to accidentally spoil something in the book for me. Book spoiling movie, I am A-OK with that however.

Thoroughly enjoyed this and am looking forward to the rest of the series.
`

No comments:

Post a Comment