Tuesday, August 02, 2016

The Complete Stories #2


Isaac Asimov: The Complete Stories Vol. #2 - Isaac Asimov This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.
Title: The Complete Stories #2
Series: The Complete Stories
Author: Isaac Asimov
Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars
Genre: SFF
Pages: 560
Format: Kindle digital scan








Synopsis:

A large collection of short stories from Isaac Asimov.



My Thoughts:

Unfortunately, most of these stories I had already read. So there was almost nothing new and without the shiny of "new", I can't say that Asimov's stories are all that engaging.

Nothing is bad or boring. They just aren't the type of stories that I want to read again and again. Most of them have a "hook" at the end and if you already know that hook the whole story loses most of its punch. I also found that a large portion of these were longer stories than in volume 1.

I have seen references to a 3rd volume of short stories but as far as I can tell, they were never published. That is too bad because I would like to see a finishing up of all of Asimov's stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment