Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Thraxas and the Warrior Monks (Thraxas #2)


Thraxas and the Warrior Monks - Martin Scott This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot. wordpress.anobii.com by  Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.
Title: Thraxas and the Warrior Monks
Series: Braxas
Author: Martin Scott
Rating: 3.5 of 5 Stars
Genre: Fantasy
Pages: 256
Format: Kindle digital edition






Synopsis:


Thraxas is hired to defend an apprentice who is accused of murdering his master. At the same time, some dolphins want him to find their magic healing stone, 2 rival groups of monks are trying to kill him to recover a 2 ton statue AND a shipment of the king's gold goes missing. And if that isn't enough, thugs are after Thraxas as are some of the leaders of the Guards.

In fact, it seems everybody wants Thraxas dead.


My Thoughts:

This was complicated, convoluted and fun; in fact, it was just as fun as the previous book. Sometimes, humor across books can change but this keeps the same tenor.

I tried to keep things straight in my head while reading so I could write about it, but half way through I just gave up. I just let the story roll me along like a pebble in the ocean.

When I'm done these Thraxas book, I'll have to go see if Scott wrote any more.
`

No comments:

Post a Comment