Saturday, October 01, 2016

September '16 Roundup & Ramblings






Welp, another month has flown by. And I do mean flown! It really feels like August is ending, not September.  This month was pretty good. 20 books. Knocked another Calvin & Hobbes book of the ol' TBR pile and started up my Manga Monday posts again, now that I have Eyeshield 21 on hand. That will up the numbers as I'll be reading one volume a week and reviewing it each Monday.

Best book of the month was Dune. I knew going in that I was going to love it, as it was part of my Project Reread, so it almost feels like cheating to put it as Best Book of the Month. But it was, so it stands :-)

Worst book of the month was easily, hands down, Obsidian Worlds.  Not much to say outside of what my review states.

Bookwraiths, over at Bookwraiths.com, has been doing a section called Friday Face Off, where he compares various covers of one book and picks which one he likes the best. I'm not going to be doing that, but I do think that highlighting covers can be a fun thing. Considering that I read almost exclusively ebooks, the only time I even see the cover is when the book is in Calibre before I put it on my kindle. So to take a minute and LOOK at the covers seems worthwhile.  I know the collage picture has them all, but they are small. So here's my 2 picks from this month:                                                                                                                                                

                                                                                                                      
                           





                                                                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment