Saturday, October 29, 2016

Vets Might Fly (All Creatures Great and Small #5)


Vets Might Fly - James Herriot This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes. blogspot.wordpress.com by  Bookstooge's Exalted Permission.
Title: Vets Might Fly
Series: All Creatures Great and Small
Author: James Herriot
Rating: 3 of 5 Stars
Genre: Non-fiction
Pages: 240
Format: Kindle digital scan








Synopsis:

Jim is training to be a pilot for the RAF during WWII and various people and circumstances bring back memories of his vet times in Darrowby. At the same time his wife is expecting their first baby and he relates several instances of him sneaking away from training to be with her.


My Thoughts:

This is a series that continues strong story telling but the sameness of the stories brings the rating down for each book. I think my rating would be higher if I read one of these a year instead of every 2 months.

I was hoping for more military training stories than I got. What I did get were all very compact and led right into a vet story. I think the most amusing story was about his son being born. Jim asked the nurse if he was "normal" because he was such an ugly little thing and asked if he could see another baby, "just to compare". The nurse got upset, Jim was confused and I just grinned. Newborns ARE ugly but you'd think a vet would be used to that whole thing.
`

No comments:

Post a Comment