Tuesday, November 01, 2016

October '16 Roundup & Ramblings





This past month was the the most up and down that I've had for some time. Quite a few DNF's and then on the other side of the spectrum I had several 4.5 or 5 stars read. So really, quality wise it all kind of evened out to my typical 3 star life :-)

Booklikes drove me as close as it ever has to making me leave. Weekends were consistently unusable and there was one whole week of the same. Things have smoothed out, but in that time I've begun preparations to be social over at Wordpress. I'm sticking around here until the New Years [hence the Don Quixote buddy read] but if at least one staff member doesn't return by then and start giving us signs of life, then I'll be leaving. I've let a lot go, worked around things, put up with a site that didn't work. I haven't really drawn any lines in the sand, but the time has come for me to decide what I can or can't deal with here at booklikes. So, a staff member needs to be appear, and stick around, by the end of the year. If that happens, I'll keep on sticking around even if the site issues continue. But no staff and I'm gone, even if the site dramatically improves. Just so you all know what my thoughts and plans are. I'm not just going to up and disappear one day without a word.

I'm also cross posting everything at Wordpress. So to you "new to me" WP peeps, thanks.  And sorry about dragging you through my Booklikes issues.

And since this has been more about Booklikes issues than about the books I've read, it is time to wrench this train back on the tracks. I'll wrap this post up with my 2 favorite covers.

First one is Caliban. It just screams Space Opera and I LIKE Space Opera.





This second one, Vets Might Fly, appeals to me because of it's simplicity. Very calming, just like the stories within.





I am looking forward to the Buddy Read of Don Quixote starting in 2 weeks. I plan on doing a Pre-Post about it tomorrow, so if it sounds like something you might like to be a part of, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment