Saturday, January 21, 2017

The Sorcerer (The Return of the Archwizards #3) (Forgotten Realms)


This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress, Blogspot, Booklikes & Librarything by  Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission.
Title: The Sorcerer
Series: The Return of the Archwizards #3
Author: Troy Denning
Rating: 2.5 of 5 Stars
Genre: SFF
Pages: 320
Format: Kindle Digital edition




Synopsis:

Galaeron fights against the Netherese, along with some of Mystra’s Chosen, while the elves and their allies continue the battle against the Phaerim. The good guys mainly win and the Netherese mainly lose, but not completely.

And Galaeron ends up with both his human lover and his elf spirit mate. And he’s more powerful than ever since he’s gotten control of his shadow.


My Thoughts:

Lots of things happened and then bam, the end.  Just like with the previous books, I had a very hard time figuring out what the author was doing or saying. It was as if my mind was dulled or clouded. Most of it was just Denning’s writing style though. I think I’ll pass on any future books by him if I can avoid it.

The biggest thing for me, as an Erevis Cale fan, is that we see in this book how the Dracolich [undead Dragon wizard, ie, a dragon that is just bones] came to be under the spell of guarding the shadowrealm where Erevis encounters him. This series also explains a bit some of the power in dealing with the Weave and the Darkweave.

Other than that, this was blase and confusing and a poor example of the Forgotten Realms. Of course, some people would say that about ANY of the FR books, so take my saying it with a grain of salt.






My Review of Book 1, The Summoning
My Review of Book 2, The Siege

Thanks to Mogsy at Bibliosanctum for putting me onto the idea of putting links to previous books in a series at the end of a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment