Wednesday, September 19, 2018

The Deaths of Tao (The Lives of Tao #2) ★★☆☆☆ DNF@67%


This review is written with a GPL 4.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at WordPress, Blogspot & Librarything by Bookstooge’s Exalted Permission

Title: The Deaths of Tao
Series: The Lives of Tao #2
Author: Wesley Chu
Rating: 2 of 5 Stars
Genre: SF
Pages: 464/DNF'd at 67%
Format: Digital Edition





Synopsis:

Four after the previous book, Roen is married to Jill and has a 3 year old son named Cameron. Unfortunately, under the urging of Tao, Roen has pretty much abandoned his family to fight against the Genjix and find out what their master plan is. Tao is convinced that the Genjix no longer wish to return to their homeworld and have nefarious plans for Earth and humanity.

This appears to be the plan and the Prophus, now very much decimated due to botched leadership, must play catchup, if at all possible.



My Thoughts:

I gave up on this book so late in the game because I was realizing I simply didn't care. I didn't care about stupid Roen Tan. I didn't care about the miserable alien Tao. I didn't care about the idiots at the top of the Prophus. I didn't care that the aliens were attempting to terraform earth to their own standards.

For phracks sake, I am more competent at command than those idiots in the Prophus. That really annoyed me. Not my can of energy drink at all and I'll be avoiding anything by Chu in the future. 3 tries is enough.

This book gave me the exact same vibe that I got from Time Salvager. So nothing particularly wrong with this book and I can't point to something specific and say “I don't like that” but it's just apparent that I don't like Chu's books and writing style and choice of protagonists.


I feel rather generous giving this 2 stars, but honestly, there is nothing wrong here to take it lower, I simply didn't like it.

★★☆☆☆











No comments:

Post a Comment